Buffs leading RB Stewart out 4-6 weeks with broken leg
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Colorado freshman running back Rodney Stewart broke his right leg in the Buffaloes' 24-17 loss to Texas A&M.Colorado expected Stewart to miss four to six weeks, the Boulder Daily Camera reported.
The 5-foot-6, 175-pound Stewart was taken down in the second quarter on a horse-collar tackle by A&M linebacker Von Miller. Miller was flagged for a personal foul.Stewart was the Big 12's fourth-leading rusher, averaging 75.4 yards per game.
He rushed for 166 yards on 28 carries in a win over West Virginia in September, the third-best rushing day for a freshman in school history.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston, McCarron take home top awards
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Colorado Buffaloes Black #6 Football Game Jersey