Buffs leading RB Stewart out 4-6 weeks with broken leg
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Colorado freshman running back Rodney Stewart broke his right leg in the Buffaloes' 24-17 loss to Texas A&M.Colorado expected Stewart to miss four to six weeks, the Boulder Daily Camera reported.
The 5-foot-6, 175-pound Stewart was taken down in the second quarter on a horse-collar tackle by A&M linebacker Von Miller. Miller was flagged for a personal foul.Stewart was the Big 12's fourth-leading rusher, averaging 75.4 yards per game.
He rushed for 166 yards on 28 carries in a win over West Virginia in September, the third-best rushing day for a freshman in school history.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Colorado Buffaloes Mini Replica Football Helmet