Duke QB Lewis leaves game after hard hit in first quarter
CLEMSON, S.C. -- Duke quarterback Thaddeus Lewis left the Blue Devils' game against Clemson after taking a hard hit.
The Atlantic Coast Conference leader in passing yards came up hobbling on his left leg after throwing a first-quarter incompletion on Saturday. He missed the Blue Devils' next series as he tried to practice pushing back from center on the sidelines.
He soon walked gingerly to the locker room.
The junior leads the ACC in passing yards and total offense per game. His 14 TD passes also lead the league.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Duke Blue Devils Grey Football Practice Legend T-Shirt