Montgomery resigns after 2-10 season at Miami of Ohio
OXFORD, Ohio -- Miami of Ohio football coach Shane Montgomery has resigned after a 2-10 season.
Athletic director Brad Bates announced the resignation Saturday, saying the team had not achieved the level of success the university expects.
The news came the day after Ohio piled up 516 yards of total offense to beat Miami 41-26 at home.
Miami was 17-31 during Montgomery's four seasons as head coach. Montgomery initially joined Miami as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2001.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Miami Redhawks Red Tri-Blend Football T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider