Evans, Koroma placed on probation
BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- A Penn State football player and his former teammate must each serve a year's probation after being charged last fall with possessing a small amount of marijuana.
The Centre County district attorney says defensive linemen Abe Koroma and Maurice Evans were entered Monday into a program for first-time offenders.
The misdemeanor drug charges can be expunged from their records if they complete the program and stay out of trouble over the next year.
Both Koroma and Evans were key contributors last season. Koroma started four games and has two years of eligibility left.
Evans declared for the NFL draft last month, bypassing his senior season. He had three sacks in 2008 and a team-high 12.5 in 2007.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Penn State Nittany Lions Replica Football