Brent due in court Monday on DUI
URBANA, Ill. -- Illinois coach Ron Zook says defensive tackle Josh Brent has been suspended from the team indefinitely after his arrest over the weekend.
Illinois State Police say Brent was arrested early Saturday in Urbana for driving under the influence. A Champaign County Jail official says Brent has posted bond and been released.
Zook says in a release Sunday that Brent is suspended until the team can "gather all the facts." He says officials will continue to monitor the information.
The 21-year-old Brent played in 10 games last fall as a sophomore. He had 34 tackles, 8½ tackles for loss and 1½ sacks.
Brent is scheduled to appear in Champaign County Court at 8:30 a.m. Monday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- Bowl dispels rumors, 'no doubt' about Duke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Illinois Fighting Illini Mini Rubber Football