Hill arrested on drunk driving charge
MADISON, Wis. -- Former Wisconsin running back P.J. Hill has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and leading police on a chase.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports the 22-year-old Hill was arrested around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning.
The newspaper, citing court documents, says police were called to a campus-area gas station after a vehicle hit a guard rail and left. Police spotted the car at a traffic light.
The driver fled. Police gave chase until the car crashed into a retaining wall. Hill was arrested at gunpoint.
Hill was released from jail Monday on a signature bond. His attorney didn't immediately return messages Monday.
Hill is the third-leading rusher in Wisconsin history and eligible for the NFL draft.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas AD: Union push 'smells' of attorneys
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Source: Joeckel to transfer from A&M to TCU
- NCAA prez Emmert: Food rule was 'absurd'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Wisconsin Badgers #25 Red Replica Football Jersey