Arrest warrant sought for receiver Wade
Wade, a 6-foot-6, 209-pound redshirt sophomore, missed a pretrial conference Wednesday at the County Courthouse, according to the Tallahassee Democrat.
Wade was arrested along with receiver Bert Reed last November for misdemeanor battery in relation to a campus fight near the student union that involved five FSU receivers. The probable cause affidavit states Wade threw the first punch, according to a report by WCTV.
Citing court documents, WCTV reported that Wade said he thought one of the fraternity brothers was raising a hand to strike one of his teammates.
Bond has been set at $2,500.
Wade played in five games last season and finished with three catches for 59 yards. His last game was the best of his career, when he caught two passes for 41 yards in a 42-13 Champs Sports Bowl victory over Wisconsin.
It's the latest incident in a long line of off-field woes for Florida State's thin receiving corps.
• Earlier this month, Rod Owens was suspended indefinitely after he was charged with DUI, and the NCAA denied Corey Surrency another year of eligibility.
• Former Florida State receiver Preston Parker was dismissed from the team earlier this year after his third arrest since 2006.
• Reed was suspended last year for missing class and ultimately was suspended three times in a one-month period. Surrency was suspended twice last year.
College football blogger Heather Dinich covers the ACC for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Meyer admits being 'awful loser'
- Spartans' Dantonio shrugs off rumor mill
- Clowney says he's healthy, ready to move on
- Jackson St. fires coach after 8-1 SWAC record