Mallett injures finger in weight room
Mallett is expected to be sidelined for two to three weeks after hurting his ring finger in the weight room Monday.
Razorbacks coach Bobby Petrino says Mallett will not be able to throw the football while his finger heals, but the injury will not require surgery or prevent him from participating in voluntary offseason conditioning.
Mallett sat out last season after transferring from Michigan. He is listed as the Razorbacks' top quarterback on the depth chart after competing with Tyler Wilson during spring practice.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
- Alcohol sales not planned at Michigan Stadium
- Police wrongly identify UF's Debose as attacker
- Auburn recruit hit with 'probationary status'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks 'Quick Toss' Softee Football