Boise St. to meet Virginia Tech in 2010
BOISE, Idaho -- Boise State will head east to play Virginia Tech in 2010.
School officials announced the matchup Thursday.
The Broncos and Hokies will play Oct. 2 at FedEx Field, in the Washington suburb of Landover, Md. Boise State will get a payout of $1.25 million to play the Hokies, one of the most successful college football programs in the last decade.
Virginia Tech is 100-30 record over the last 10 years.
The game completes the non-conference portion of the Broncos' 2010 schedule. Other non-conference games include Toledo, a trip to Wyoming and home game against Oregon State.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
- ACC to review 8-game schedule at meeting
- Miami, Louisville mascots trade Twitter barbs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Boise State Broncos Hail Mary Youth-Size Football