Miami's top rusher injured
Cooper missed the Hurricanes' practice Tuesday morning with an apparent lower right leg injury. He was wearing a protective boot.
The severity was not immediately clear.
The junior has been Miami's leading rusher in each of his first two seasons. He ran for 841 yards last year and scored touchdowns four ways -- rushing, receiving, passing and returning.
Miami has seen injuries slowly pile up during camp. Defensive end Adewale Ojomo may miss Week 1 at Florida State following an injury suffered "horsing around" in the locker room, and several other players have had minor issues.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Miami Hurricanes Replica Football