Balogun still practicing with Sooners
NORMAN, Okla. -- A court hearing is scheduled for next week regarding the eligibility of Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun, who joined the Sooners last season after playing semipro football.
Balogun was still practicing with the Sooners on Thursday. The 25-year-old was had his eligibility decertified by the NCAA last week, and he subsequently filed a lawsuit seeking an injunction that would allow him to play this season.
A Cleveland County judge has scheduled a hearing on Balogun's request for Monday.
The NCAA is reviewing whether Balogun participated in any games with the North American Football League after the age of 21. The school says the NCAA was aware of Balogun's participation in the league before the 2008 season and certified him.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA's top cop: Cheaters 'will be found out'
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Oklahoma Sooners Premium Pennant