Report: Marcus Vick violates probation
Marcus Vick was sentenced to 20 days in jail on Thursday for violating his probation stemming from a DUI offense, The Viginia Pilot reported.
Vick, the younger brother of NFL quarterback Michael Vick, was found guilty of DUI, eluding police and a traffic infraction in October 2008. He got a 12-month suspended jail term with the conditions he pay a fine, complete an alcohol awareness program and stay away from drugs and alcohol.
Vick, who played quarterback at Virginia Tech, tested positive for marijuana at a screening, missed repeated appointments with alcohol counselors, failed to show for urine screenings and had failed to pay his fines until Thursday morning, the Pilot reported.
Vick was taken into custody after the hearing and his lawyer said he will appeal, the Pilot reported.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Strong dose of reality: No 2014 title for Texas
- Vols RB Hill to transfer from 'first true love'
- Source: Tide-ex Lindsay transfers to Ohio St.
- UNC athlete literacy researcher to resign
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Virginia Tech Hokies Maroon Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt