Kansas State QB Kassanavoid arrested
Kansas State redshirt freshman quarterback Joseph Kassanavoid was arrested Thursday night on domestic battery charges after an incident at his apartment in Manhattan, Kan.
Kassanavoid, 20, and Ashleigh Brooke Mitchell, 21, were arrested at 10:45 p.m. Thursday night by Riley County police.
Kassanavoid and Mitchell were released from jail after posting bonds totaling $500 each, Lt. Michael Quintanar of the Riley County Police Department said.
Quintanar said that no other details about their arrests were known.
Kansas State sports information director Kenny Lannou said that Kassanavoid is still a member of the Wildcats team and the matter will be handled internally.
Tim Griffin covers college football for ESPN.com. You may contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Kansas State Wildcats 2014 Football Schedule Purple T-Shirt