Kansas State QB Kassanavoid arrested
Kansas State redshirt freshman quarterback Joseph Kassanavoid was arrested Thursday night on domestic battery charges after an incident at his apartment in Manhattan, Kan.
Kassanavoid, 20, and Ashleigh Brooke Mitchell, 21, were arrested at 10:45 p.m. Thursday night by Riley County police.
Kassanavoid and Mitchell were released from jail after posting bonds totaling $500 each, Lt. Michael Quintanar of the Riley County Police Department said.
Quintanar said that no other details about their arrests were known.
Kansas State sports information director Kenny Lannou said that Kassanavoid is still a member of the Wildcats team and the matter will be handled internally.
Tim Griffin covers college football for ESPN.com. You may contact him at email@example.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- N'western players set for historic union vote
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Plan would give big conferences more say
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Kansas State Wildcats Mini Replica Football Helmet