Doctor clears Tulane players for drills

Updated: August 24, 2009, 4:03 PM ET
Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- More than two dozen Tulane football players are back at practice after coming down with mild flu-like symptoms last week.

School spokesman Roger Dunaway said Monday that the 27 players were cleared by a team physician to return to action.

The infected players were instructed to remain in their dorm rooms or apartments late last week and were treated there. While the symptoms were mild, it was feared that two players might have the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu.

Dunaway said tests done on those players were sent to state health officials and the school expects to hear results this week. However, he said players had recovered enough to practice.


Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

ALSO SEE