Bulaga won't play Saturday
"Bryan Bulaga was hospitalized with an illness this past week and will not be available to play [Saturday]," Ferentz said. "Bryan is doing much better, has been released and will accompany the team this weekend. We expect Bryan to return to his normal activities soon."
Bulaga earned second-team All-Big Ten honors last season and is considered a top pro prospect, drawing comparisons to former Iowa star Robert Gallery. The junior has made 18 career starts, including last week's season opener against Northern Iowa.
His ailment could create more shuffling within Iowa's offensive line, which played without starters Kyle Calloway (suspension) and Julian Vandervelde (injury). Both players are expected to return against Iowa State.
Adam Rittenberg covers Big Ten football for ESPN.com. He can be reached at email@example.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Report: BC, ND in talks to play at Fenway Park
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Iowa Hawkeyes Black #44 Football Game Jersey