O'Dowd returns to USC offensive line
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- USC junior center Kristofer O'Dowd will start Saturday against No. 8 Ohio State (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET), though he won't be blocking for sophomore running back Marc Tyler.
Trojans coach Pete Carroll said O'Dowd will return after missing four weeks and the season opener with a dislocated kneecap sustained in an Aug. 17 scrimmage.
But Tyler, who rushed for 72 yards and a touchdown last week against San Jose State, will miss the Ohio State game with a sprained toe suffered in Thursday's practice.
With O'Dowd back in the lineup, Jeff Byers will move back to left guard for the game. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound O'Dowd earned first-team All-Pac-10 honors last season.
Adam Rittenberg covers Big Ten football for ESPN.com. He can be reached at email@example.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football