Illini QB Williams leaves game
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois quarterback Juice Williams left the Illini's game against Illinois State after the first series Saturday night.
Williams, the team's leading rusher and the Big Ten's top passer last season, began limping near the end of a 49-yard run that saw him fall to the turf at the Illinois State 1-yard line.
The senior stayed in the game, and Jason Ford's touchdown gave Illinois their first points of the night. But Williams was replaced for the next series by junior Eddie McGee, and he did not return in the first half.
McGee was 10 of 13 for 135 yards and one touchdown, and also ran for 21 yards and a score as Illinois took a 24-0 halftime lead.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Illinois Fighting Illini Blue #45 Football Game Jersey