Stoops doesn't like idea of playing Iowa
The topic came up this week as Stoops' brother, Mike, prepares to coach Arizona in a game against the Hawkeyes.
Stoops says he'd "rather not" play against Iowa because he has so many good friends connected to the program, including coach Kirk Ferentz.
He said he has a similar feeling about playing Arizona because of the family connection and he felt the same way when his brother, Mark, was an assistant at Miami.
Stoops said the only time it would be worth such a matchup would be for a championship.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Oklahoma Sooners Mini Rubber Football