USC's Carroll will wait to decide QB
LOS ANGELES -- Southern California quarterback Matt Barkley and safety Taylor Mays both have been limited in practice for the third straight day.
Barkley again didn't participate in throwing drills Wednesday night for the No. 3 Trojans (2-0) after the freshman bruised his shoulder in last weekend's win at Ohio State.
Coach Pete Carroll still says he'll wait before deciding whether Barkley or sophomore Aaron Corp will start Saturday at Washington.
Corp, who is almost fully recovered from a broken bone in his leg, ran the first-team offense again in Barkley's absence.
Mays did some running early in practice, but sat out again with a sprained knee ligament. The All-American plans to suit up in Seattle before deciding whether to play.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston, McCarron take home top awards
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Practice Legend Authentic Font Grey Performance T-Shirt