USC's Carroll still undecided on QB
USC coach Pete Carroll said after practice on Thursday that he still hasn't made a decision on which quarterback will start Saturday's Pac-10 opener at Washington, and said it may go all the way to Saturday before he does.
Junior Aaron Corp took all the snaps with the first team offense Thursday in practice and Carroll said he's ready to go. Freshman Matt Barkley did some light throwing on the side, testing out pain in the right shoulder he bruised in last weekend's win at Ohio State.
Carroll says he improves every day and wants to give Barkley as much time as possible to heal before ruling him out.
Shelley Smith is a reporter for ESPN.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wash. St. collapses in bowl after 2 fumbles
- USC routs Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- ULL tops Tulane for 3rd straight NO Bowl win
- San Diego St. pounds Buffalo in Potato Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans #9 Cardinal Football Game Jersey