Jacquemain violates Akron team policy
AKRON, Ohio -- Akron has suspended starting quarterback Chris Jacquemain for an indefinite period for violating a team policy.
The school did not give any reason for the suspension and said in a statement that there is no timetable for his return.
Jacquemain started the Zips' first two games, completing 13 of 22 with four touchdowns and one interception.
Akron, which opened its new 30,000-seat on-campus stadium last week, hosts Indiana on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Adidas Women's Akron Zips Tri-Blend Navy Football T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider