Barkley, Corp split time with first team
Pete Carroll said Barkley, who missed last weekend's loss to Washington with a bruised right shoulder, looked much better than when he tried to throw before Saturday's game, and the Trojans coach is hopeful that Barkley is healthy enough to regain his starting spot for next Saturday's home game against Washington State.
"We'll see what happens," said Carroll. "I'd love for him to come back and start if he's ready to go."
Safety Taylor Mays, who also missed the Washington game (bruised right knee), did some light running and backpedaling but sat out the majority of the Monday practice. Mays said he's feeling much better than last week, though, and hopes to practice Tuesday.
Shelley Smith is a reporter for ESPN.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Sources: Alabama offers Saban new extension
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Michigan's Gardner (turf toe) expected for bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Cardinal Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt