Texas' McGee, Newton injured in win
Junior Vondrell McGee left Saturday's 38-14 victory over Colorado in Austin during the second half with an injured left shoulder, and freshman Tre' Newton suffered a mild concussion in the first half.
Texas' ground game struggled against the Buffaloes (1-4), who limited the Longhorns to 46 yards rushing.
Texas (5-0) trailed 14-10 at halftime before taking control behind their defense and special-teams play.
"We're trying to get better in the running game and it didn't work," coach Mack Brown said after the game. "We've just got to keep looking at it."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Marshall out of media days after pot citation
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Oklahoma Sooners #10 Crimson Football Game Jersey