Backup safety Brown injured vs. Wake
CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson Tigers backup safety Kantrell Brown was taken off the field on a stretcher Saturday in the second quarter against Wake Forest.
Clemson athletic department spokesman Tim Bourret says Brown was taken to Oconee Memorial Hospital for tests. Initial reports from school medical personnel indicated Brown would be OK, Bourret said.
Brown was in kickoff coverage when he was hurt. He appeared to move his arms and legs after he was placed on a medical cart and taken from the field.
Brown spent several minutes sprawled face down on the field as medical personnel worked on him, and teammates checked his condition. Tigers cornerback Crezdon Butler grabbed Brown's hand and kneeled.
Brown is a 6-foot, 185-pound sophomore from St. Matthews.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Clemson Tigers #3 Orange Replica Game Football Jersey