Brown leaves after hit vs. Marshall
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia quarterback Jarrett Brown was shaken up when he was tackled hard by two Marshall players on the Mountaineers' first series of the game Saturday.
Brown appeared to take a helmet-to-helmet hit from Marshall's Ashton Hall and Ahmed Shakoor. Brown fumbled as he was going down and Marshall's DeQuan Bembry recovered at the Herd 36. Brown remained on the ground for a few minutes, then left the field under his own power, covered himself in a jacket and sat on the bench with his helmet off.
Freshman Geno Smith replaced Brown on West Virginia's next offensive series.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Winston adds All-American to resume
- Saban: Kiffin visit 'professional development'
- Clowney says he's healthy, ready to move on
- Spartans' Dantonio shrugs off rumor mill
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's West Virginia Mountaineers Coaches Performance Black Polo