Harris sets two single-game BC records
BOSTON -- Boston College running back Montel Harris set a school records of yards rushing and touchdowns in a single game in the Eagles' 52-20 win against North Carolina State on Saturday.
Harris rushed for 264 yards and had five touchdowns. The sophomore had two touchdown runs in the first half and added three more scores on the ground in the third quarter to claim the record.
Ten players previously had four rushing scores in a game for BC, with Darnell Campbell the last to do it 16 years ago.
Harris set the school record for rushing yards on a 9-yard run early in the fourth, surpassing the previous mark set by Phil Bennett in 1972.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt