Brown leaves game with concussion
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- No. 22 South Carolina receiver Moe Brown was taken to a hospital after sustaining a concussion in the first half against No. 2 Alabama.
Brown was strapped onto a backboard and carted off the field after lying on the ground for several minutes following an 8-yard catch that set up a field goal. South Carolina fans chanted "Let's Go Moe" as he was taken into the tunnel, making a thumbs-up gesture.
South Carolina officials said he was diagnosed with a concussion and would return to Columbia with the team.
The senior is the Gamecocks' leading receiver and came in needing 51 yards to become the 22nd South Carolina player to reach 1,000 for his career.
Alabama cornerback and return man Javier Arenas was sidelined with an undisclosed injury.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
- RB Williams improves speed at BC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks #7 Garnet Replica Football Jersey