Brown: McCoy not bothered by thumb
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas coach Mack Brown says quarterback Colt McCoy has thrown the ball well in practice despite a bruised thumb on his right hand.
Brown says McCoy doesn't seem bothered by the sore thumb and made all his throws in Tuesday's practice without any problems.
Brown spoke with reporters before Wednesday's practice.
McCoy hurt the thumb in the second quarter of No. 3 Texas' 16-13 win over Oklahoma and finished with 127 yards passing with one touchdown and one interception. The thumb was still swollen and he had limited range of motion when McCoy showed it to an Associated Press reporter on Monday.
Texas (6-0, 3-0 Big 12) plays at Missouri (4-2, 0-2) on Saturday night.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two vie for A&M QB job as Joeckel to transfer
- Kentucky QB battle heats up as Whitlow exits
- Mankato players refuse to practice for old coach
- More trouble: 3 Texas A&M players arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Texas Longhorns Junior-Size Tailgater Football