Sources: Brown expected to start
Brown suffered a mild concussion after taking a hit to the helmet early in the first quarter against Marshall last week. He did not return to the game.
The fifth-year senior returned to practice Tuesday with the first-string offense.
Brown told coach Bill Stewart that he is ready to start. The only thing that would prevent Brown from starting is if Brown begins to feel ill before kickoff.
The Mountaineers are 5-1 overall, 1-0 in the Big East.
ESPN's Joe Schad and ESPN.com's Brian Bennett contributed to this story.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth West Virginia Mountaineers #8 Blue Football Game Jersey