Sources: Brown expected to start
Brown suffered a mild concussion after taking a hit to the helmet early in the first quarter against Marshall last week. He did not return to the game.
The fifth-year senior returned to practice Tuesday with the first-string offense.
Brown told coach Bill Stewart that he is ready to start. The only thing that would prevent Brown from starting is if Brown begins to feel ill before kickoff.
The Mountaineers are 5-1 overall, 1-0 in the Big East.
ESPN's Joe Schad and ESPN.com's Brian Bennett contributed to this story.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Winston adds All-American to resume
- Saban: Kiffin visit 'professional development'
- Clowney says he's healthy, ready to move on
- Spartans' Dantonio shrugs off rumor mill
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's West Virginia Mountaineers Blue Football Team Issue Practice T-Shirt