FSU coaches to monitor Ponder
Florida State spokesman Bob Thomas says Ponder told him on Sunday that his condition was improved.
Ponder, who ranks third nationally in total offense per game, was injured early in Saturday's 45-42 win over North Carolina State, but played with the pain.
Coach Bobby Bowden said coaches will monitor Ponder closely at practice this week to see if the injury affects his throwing motion.
The Seminoles (4-4, 2-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) play Clemson (5-3, 3-2) on Saturday and need a victory to keep alive any hopes of winning their division and sneaking into the ACC title game next month in Tampa.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA's top cop: Cheaters 'will be found out'
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- OT Sports Men's Florida State Seminoles #5 Garnet Replica Football Jersey