Gundy: RB Hunter expected to return
Hunter had missed the last five games for the Cowboys (6-2, 3-1 Big 12) before he had one carry for 1 yard in Saturday night's 41-14 loss to Texas.
"Kendall doesn't want to do that. Kendall wants to play," Gundy said Sunday. "He's continued to get a little better each week and he's practiced, that hasn't changed. Hopefully he'll be in less pain this week.
"I don't think that he'll play at any time this season without feeling some sort of pain in that foot. That's just my guess. Hopefully it'll lessen as it progresses."
Hunter's injury has been described as a sprained right ankle. He led the Big 12 in rushing last season with 1,555 yards but has played only one full game this season.
The 18th-ranked Cowboys play at Iowa State on Saturday afternoon.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Oklahoma State Cowboys Black #4 Football Game Jersey