Indiana inquires about TD reversal
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Indiana coach Bill Lynch has contacted Big Ten officials about a touchdown that was overturned on replay during Saturday's loss at Iowa.
Lynch did not say Tuesday how the Hoosiers had contacted the Big Ten office but he confirmed the school had asked conference officials for an explanation.
On the play, the official closest to Terrance Turner ruled that the Indiana receiver had a foot down before going out of bounds. The replay review reversed the call, forcing Indiana to try a 28-yard field goal that would have extended the Hoosiers' 24-14 lead.
Nick Freeland missed the kick and Iowa rallied for a 42-24 victory.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa Hawkeyes Coaches Performance White Polo