Stanford LB Snyder out for year
STANFORD, Calif. -- The Stanford Cardinal will be without top linebacker Clinton Snyder for the rest of the season.
The school announced Friday that Snyder is sidelined with a knee injury sustained in practice on Tuesday. Snyder leads the team with 61 tackles and has started 42 of 44 games in his career.
The injury comes at a bad time for the Cardinal, who need one more win to become bowl eligible for the first time in eight years. Stanford hosts No. 7 Oregon on Saturday and also has games remaining with No. 12 USC, No. 23 California and No. 19 Notre Dame.
Fullback Owen Marecic is expected to take Snyder's place in the lineup, playing both offense and defense.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Bound Cardinal Leader Quarter-Zip Pullover