Leading rusher Smith out for year
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas running back Michael Smith has been ruled out for the season with a hamstring injury.
Smith was the Razorbacks' leading rusher entering Saturday's 42-21 win over Mississippi State. The school said before the game he will miss the rest of the season.
Smith has fought injuries all year. He missed two of Arkansas' first 10 games, although he was able to play last weekend against Troy.
A senior, Smith finishes 2009 with 396 yards on 71 carries. Smith rushed for more than 1,000 yards in 2008.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Marshall out of media days after pot citation
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Arkansas Razorbacks Cardinal #32 Football Game Jersey