X-rays negative for Louisville WR
The junior was stretching out to catch a pass when he was hit by Rutgers safety Zaire Kitchen. Beaumont was bent back awkwardly and lay motionless on the field for several minutes.
He was able to wave to the crowd after being placed on the stretcher.
Louisville spokesman Rocco Gasparro said X-rays on Beaumont's neck were negative. He left the stadium in a neck brace while sitting in a wheelchair as a precaution.
Kitchen was penalized for unnecessary roughness.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Accuser lawyer blasts Winston investigation
- Irish QB Golson re-admitted after suspension
- Georgia QB Murray: I'll be ready for pro day
- Navy coach: We don't talk about the streak
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Louisville Cardinals Tailgater Junior-Sized Football