Spence, Elizondo, Jackson fired
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone has fired three coaches, just two days after the Orange's season ended in a demoralizing loss to Connecticut.
Offensive coordinator Rob Spence, wide receivers coach Jamie Elizondo and defensive line coach Derrick Jackson will not be retained, the university said in a two-sentence statement.
Marrone was on a recruiting trip and unavailable for comment.
In Marrone's first year, Syracuse finished with a 4-8 overall record and was 1-6 in the Big East for the third straight year after the 56-31 loss to the Huskies on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Syracuse Orange Game Time Full-Size Football