Spence, Elizondo, Jackson fired
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone has fired three coaches, just two days after the Orange's season ended in a demoralizing loss to Connecticut.
Offensive coordinator Rob Spence, wide receivers coach Jamie Elizondo and defensive line coach Derrick Jackson will not be retained, the university said in a two-sentence statement.
Marrone was on a recruiting trip and unavailable for comment.
In Marrone's first year, Syracuse finished with a 4-8 overall record and was 1-6 in the Big East for the third straight year after the 56-31 loss to the Huskies on Saturday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Syracuse Orange ACC Orange Football T-Shirt