McCoy, Tebow are Walter Camp finalists
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Colt McCoy has a chance to repeat as the Walter Camp Football Foundation's player of the year.
The Texas quarterback was among five finalists announced Wednesday. The others are quarterbacks Tim Tebow of Florida and Case Keenum of Houston, running back Mark Ingram of Alabama and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh of Nebraska.
The award is voted on by coaches and sports information directors. The winner will be announced Dec.10.
McCoy has thrown for 3,328 yards and 27 touchdowns; Tebow has 17 TDs passing and 13 running; Keenum has 4,992 yards and 38 TDs; Ingram has run for 1,429 yards 12 TDs; and Suh has 70 tackles, 7½ sacks and three blocked kicks.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN DALLAS
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #8 Burnt Orange Red River Rivalry Limited Football Jersey