Tigers get Gonzales from Gators
BATON ROUGE, La. -- Billy Gonzales has joined the LSU staff as wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator, after spending the past five years coaching receivers at Florida.
Tigers coach Les Miles said Friday that Gonzales brings "tremendous experience and great knowledge of the game" to the LSU program. Gonzales replaces D.J. McCarthy.
Gonzales served under Urban Meyer since the 2001 season, and this past season helped the Florida offense rank first in the SEC and 12th nationally in total yards with 442 per game. The Gators averaged 217 yards passing per game.
Miles said that Gonzales will work with offensive coordinator Gary Crowton in developing strategies for the Tigers' passing attack.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Football playoff's 'priceless' trophy unveiled
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Marshall out of media days after pot citation
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings LSU Tigers Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football