Spokesman: Obama called UT's Brown
AUSTIN, Texas -- A Texas spokesman says President Barack Obama called Longhorns coach Mack Brown to congratulate him on the team's season that ended with a 37-21 loss to Alabama in the BCS championship game.
Obama first met Brown and the Longhorns in 2008 when the then-Senator from Illinois was on campus to debate challenger Hillary Rodham Clinton during the Democratic primary.
The president told Brown on Saturday he was disappointed for quarterback Colt McCoy that he was unable to play after injuring his shoulder on the Longhorns' first drive.
Obama called Alabama coach Nick Saban on Friday to congratulate him on the Crimson Tide's title.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
- Carter latest TCU player arrested for drugs
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Texas Longhorns Junior-Size Tailgater Football