Troy offensive wizard hired
LUBBOCK, Texas -- New Texas Tech Red Raiders coach Tommy Tuberville has chosen Neal Brown of Troy to be his offensive coordinator.
Troy spokesman Ricky Hazel said Tuesday that the 29-year-old Brown, whose Trojans had the nation's third-best offense last season, will take over play-calling at Texas Tech.
Brown succeeds fired coach Mike Leach, who was the pass-heavy offensive coordinator until his dismissal last month amid allegations he mistreated a player who had a concussion. Leach denies the claims.
Brown, who just finished his fourth season at the Alabama school, had the Trojans averaging 485.7 yards of total offense per game.
Brown was a wide receiver at Kentucky and Massachusetts.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Michigan's Gardner (turf toe) expected for bowl
- Wake Forest hires coach Clawson of BGSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN DALLAS
- Under Armour Youth Texas Tech Red Raiders #22 Black Replica Football Jersey