Troy offensive wizard hired
LUBBOCK, Texas -- New Texas Tech Red Raiders coach Tommy Tuberville has chosen Neal Brown of Troy to be his offensive coordinator.
Troy spokesman Ricky Hazel said Tuesday that the 29-year-old Brown, whose Trojans had the nation's third-best offense last season, will take over play-calling at Texas Tech.
Brown succeeds fired coach Mike Leach, who was the pass-heavy offensive coordinator until his dismissal last month amid allegations he mistreated a player who had a concussion. Leach denies the claims.
Brown, who just finished his fourth season at the Alabama school, had the Trojans averaging 485.7 yards of total offense per game.
Brown was a wide receiver at Kentucky and Massachusetts.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Texas Tech Red Raiders 'Quick Toss' Softee Football