Drew, Griswould, Putnam dismissed
DURHAM, N.C. -- Three players have been kicked off the Duke football team for conduct unbecoming of members of the program.
Blue Devils coach David Cutcliffe said Sunday night that freshmen John Drew, Kyle Griswould and Brandon Putnam had been dismissed from the team.
University officials say the three have been charged with felonious possession and discharge of a weapon after an early morning incident on campus.
Drew, the only one who saw action last season, made one start and played in all 12 games at defensive tackle. He made 34 stops and one fumble recovery.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Duke Blue Devils Grey Football Practice Legend T-Shirt