PITTSBURGH -- Scott Turner, a Pitt offensive assistant the last two seasons and the son of San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner, has been promoted to wide receivers coach.
The former UNLV quarterback joined Pitt's staff in 2008 after spending two seasons at a Virginia high school. He also was an administrative graduate assistant at Oregon State in 2005.
Turner worked with each of the Panthers' two recent 1,000-yard backs, LeSean McCoy in 2008 and Dion Lewis in 2009.
Norv Turner was the Miami Dolphins' offensive coordinator under Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt in 2002 and 2003. Wannstedt and Norv Turner also were assistant coaches under Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Pitt Panthers Medium Kids' Uniform Set
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider