Pierre-Louis faces several charges
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Former Florida football player Wondy Pierre-Louis, who is accused of choking his girlfriend, has been released from a Florida county jail after posting bail.
The former Gators cornerback turned himself in Tuesday on several charges, including domestic battery by strangulation. He appeared in court later that day.
Alachua County Jail officials said he posted the $40,000 bail early Wednesday morning.
The victim initially told police Pierre-Louis choked her. She then disputed the claims when he appeared in court, but state attorney's office spokesman Spencer Mann said the claims won't change the investigation or decision to bring charges.
Pierre-Louis, a native of Haiti, recently completed his senior season but has not graduated.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Blue Football Practice Legend T-shirt