Petri returns to Miami
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami completed the hiring of defensive line coach Rick Petri on Thursday, bringing him back to the Hurricanes 15 years after his last stint with the team ended.
Petri, whose return had been expected for several days, worked with some of Miami's best defensive linemen ever from 1993 through 1995, including Warren Sapp, Kevin Patrick, Kenny Holmes and Kenard Lang. At Miami, he replaces Clint Hurtt, who accepted a job at Louisville earlier this month.
Petri has 29 years of coaching experience, including the last five seasons at Kentucky.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston, McCarron take home top awards
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes Orange Football Team Issue Practice T-Shirt