Hammock promoted to co-coordinator
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota has named running backs coach Thomas Hammock as the team's co-offensive coordinator.
Coach Tim Brewster announced the move Friday, a few weeks after hiring Jeff Horton as offensive coordinator to replace Jedd Fisch, who left for the NFL. Offensive line coach Tim Davis has also carried the title of running game coordinator.
Brewster says he's rewarding Hammock for "tireless" efforts as a coach and a recruiter. Hammock's role in the offense has increased since his arrival three years ago.
Horton, Hammock and Davis have work to do. The Gophers were last in the Big Ten in total yards and points per game in 2009. Brewster also said wide receivers coach Richard Hightower has resigned.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Minnesota Golden Gophers Signature Series Full-Size Football