Fangio, Polian, Hart join Stanford's staff
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford hired former NFL assistant Vic Fangio as defensive coordinator.
Coach Jim Harbaugh also announced Tuesday that Brian Polian will take over as special teams coordinator and Randy Hart is the new defensive line coach.
Fangio spent the previous 24 seasons in the NFL. He most recently was linebackers coach under Harbaugh's brother, John, in Baltimore.
Co-defensive coordinator Andy Buh left last month for Nevada. Ron Lynn will stay on as director of player development.
Polian is the son of Colts president Bill Polian. He coached special teams the past five years for Notre Dame.
Hart had served as defensive line coach at Washington for 21 years before holding the same job at Notre Dame last season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 2 FSU rallies to avoid upset at Louisville
- NCAA upholds Gurley's 4-game suspension
- Plea for Sooner accused of striking woman
- Police release emails detailing FSU RB case
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Game Mascot T-shirt