Pelini gets raise, year added to contract
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska has added a year to the contract of head coach Bo Pelini and raised his base pay to $2.1 million per year.
The deal keeps Pelini at the Huskers' helm through Feb. 28, 2015. It provides a retention bonus as well: $500,000 if he's still head coach on Jan. 31, 2015.
Also announced on Monday were new contacts for his coaching staff.
Pelini's brother, defensive coordinator Carl Pelini, has signed a new contract that gives him a raise to $375,000 a year. He made a little more than $208,000 last season.
Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson will be making $380,000.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Nebraska Cornhuskers Kids' Deluxe Uniform Set