STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford is adding two more former NFL assistants to its coaching staff.
Coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday that former Chicago offensive coordinator Ron Turner will be his quarterbacks and wide receivers coach and former Minnesota assistant Derek Mason will be the defensive backs coach.
Harbaugh hired former NFL assistant Vic Fangio as defensive coordinator earlier this month.
Turner has head coaching experience in college at San Jose State and Illinois. He was also offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 1989-91 at Stanford. During his nine years over two separate stints as offensive coordinator of the Bears, Turner directed six of the top 24 offenses in the franchise history.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Stanford Cardinal Rose Bowl Bound Ice Quarter-Zip Black Pullover
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider