Stanford hires two assistants
STANFORD, Calif. -- Stanford is adding two more former NFL assistants to its coaching staff.
Coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday that former Chicago offensive coordinator Ron Turner will be his quarterbacks and wide receivers coach and former Minnesota assistant Derek Mason will be the defensive backs coach.
Harbaugh hired former NFL assistant Vic Fangio as defensive coordinator earlier this month.
Turner has head coaching experience in college at San Jose State and Illinois. He was also offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 1989-91 at Stanford. During his nine years over two separate stints as offensive coordinator of the Bears, Turner directed six of the top 24 offenses in the franchise history.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Report: BC, ND in talks to play at Fenway Park
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Stanford Cardinal Coaches Performance Black Polo