ECU dismisses Jackson after arrest
Coach Ruffin McNeill said Jackson was kicked off the team after having previous rule violations. McNeill called Ruffin's suspension indefinite and that he would have to meet several requirements to return to the program.
The school said Greenville police charged Jackson with underage consumption of alcohol, intoxication and simple affray Sunday morning. He was East Carolina's second-leading rusher with 316 yards last season after transferring from Kentucky.
The school said Ruffin was charged with resisting and obstructing a police officer. He was third on the team with 308 yards rushing.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's East Carolina Pirates Purple Icon Legend Football Performance T-shirt