ECU dismisses Jackson after arrest
Coach Ruffin McNeill said Jackson was kicked off the team after having previous rule violations. McNeill called Ruffin's suspension indefinite and that he would have to meet several requirements to return to the program.
The school said Greenville police charged Jackson with underage consumption of alcohol, intoxication and simple affray Sunday morning. He was East Carolina's second-leading rusher with 316 yards last season after transferring from Kentucky.
The school said Ruffin was charged with resisting and obstructing a police officer. He was third on the team with 308 yards rushing.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings East Carolina Pirates Youth-Sized Hail Mary Rubber Football