Georgia LB arrested, kicked off team
ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia Bulldogs linebacker Montez Robinson has been dismissed from the team after an arrest on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery/family violence.
The Clarke County Sheriff's Department says Robinson turned himself in Sunday on a warrant issued Saturday. Officials at the jail said he would likely have a bond hearing on Monday and they could release no further information about the case.
UGA head coach Mark Richt released a statement Sunday saying Robinson was removed from the team because he did not meet "stipulations that were placed on him as a result of previous off-field issues."
Robinson was suspended in December after an arrest on charges involving altercations with a female student.
The freshman from Avon, Ind., played as a backup last season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Georgia Bulldogs Red Football Practice Legend T-shirt